t is a way to communicate to consumers about your products or services, using a mobile device such as a feature or smart phone. This can be broken down into the following categories, each with its own relevant audience spectrum:
• Mobile Web: Text tagline ads, mobile Web banner ads, WAP 1.0 banner ads, rich media mobile ads
• Multimedia Messaging Service: Short text ads, long text ads, banner ads, rectangle ads, audio ads, video ads, full ads
• Mobile Video and TV Advertising Units: Ad breaks, linear ad breaks, nonlinear ad breaks, interactive mobile video and TV ads
• Mobile Applications: In-app display advertising units, integrated ads, branded mobile applications, sponsored mobile applications.
• Short Message Service, character range is between 77 and 110 long and a bit.ly link can be inserted to divert a consumer to a mobi enabled site.
SMS marketing has proven that it can be used effortlessly when being utilized in an Omni-channel campaign. There is a misconception in the market that it requires heavy investment in targeting apps and lacks decent reporting on ROI. It is a pretty straight forward and direct way to get access to a large audience of people. It can be used to promote a new product, gauge consumer sentiment on the Brand, drive online registrations for competitions or even just to educate the consumer.